Thunder Ridge has been a staple in the community for decades. I still remember boarding the school bus after school to go for lessons and then skiing with my friends after school starting in third grade. Eventually meeting my husband there, and currently sharing our love of snow sports with our kids.
My son did snowboard lessons through our town this season, we rode while he was in lessons until he joined us after them. We also went on Monday nights with discounted tickets from the Ski Haus is Brewster. My kids loved visiting with friends, they would ride down the trails. You do have to watch for the bare spots, just this weekend, despite over 18inches 3 days before, the amount of ice on trails and trail closers was disheartening. Often it seems like little maintenance/grooming takes place.
If you are introducing the sports to your kids, visiting Thunder Ridge is a great idea, riding after school, very convenient, especially with local discounts available.
- Location to the Westchester/Putnam/Dutchess Counties
- Many local towns have discounted lessons/tickets for kids and families
- Discounts available at many local ski shops
- Night Skiing available
- Beginning lift and bunny hill, learn to ski areas
- Ski/Ride School
- Lines- with one lift mainly open, wait can get lengthily on busy days
- 4-5 trails open regularly- Lack of variety and challenges compared to other mountains
- Monday – Friday: 10am – 9pm Saturday: 9am – 9pm Sunday: 9am – 5pm
- Tickets start at $45 for an adult half day. Check out their website for ticket prices.
Thunder Ridge Ski Area is located in Patterson, NY right off Route 22 at 137 Birch Hill Road and can be reached at 845-878-4100 or their website.
We visited Thunder Ridge on our own. All opinions are our own and honest.