The Mid-Hudson Children’s Museum is a must do for area families and others. The Poughkeepsie Train station is next door, travel up from the city to the MHCM. Walkway Over the Hudson, which is apart of the trail way, has an elevator from the parking lot. You can spend hours inside and out of the museum during your visit.
Children’s Museum Attractions:
Rivertown and Early Learning Junction on the main floor let the kids pretend, role play and their creativeness flow. The train table set up, its HUGE, with spots to crawl under so you can stand up in the middle of the tracks, the scarf shoots where you send scarves through tubes across the ceiling. The fire truck in the Rivertown exhibit which now is a ladder truck awesome since their dad is in a ladder truck and they now can climb up it. First ladder fire truck we have ever seen as a climb-on/toy. Each area is special, between cooking including chefs coats to the art studio or construction set where dress up in a hard hate and vest and build.
Backyard Adventure includes items that are found in the Hudson Valley, even prehistorical, see the Hyde Park Mastodon. Link, Lift, Launch is an area where kids get creative and build with different ramps, tracks and structures to get the ball/car rolling. Kids will dive right into problem solving skills here. Upstairs is a must for the 4 and older group due to independent skills needed to succeed at various activities.
Special events and outdoor fun. Check calendar or details.
- With the closeness to the bike path and walkway, we took a break to let the kids burn energy outside the museum.
- You can bring lunch and eat outdoors or in designated area.
- Wearing babies is perfect, leave the strollers in the car.
- Personally I would plan for at least 3 hours, especially if it is your first time. I have to drag the kids out every visit.
- Admission is $8 ages 1 and up.
- Museum is open Tuesdays-Sunday (Mondays for July and August). 9:30am-5pm Monday-Saturday and 11am-5pm on Sundays.
- Offers special discounts, programs and special nighttime events that can be found on their calendar.
- Memberships can be used at other museums nationwide.
- Birthday party options are available and we went to one with the kids and they had so much fun.
Mid-Hudson Children’s Museum is located at 75 North Water Street, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601 and can be reached at 845-471-0589 or firstname.lastname@example.org or mhcm.org
Apple Moms was invited to MHCM summer kickoff party. Opinions are 100% our own and no other compensation was included.