Edaville USA is now home to the only Thomas Land in the US. Thomas as in Thomas the Tank Engine from Thomas and Friends. If you have a young child, they know Thomas. We are on year five of loving Thomas Trains, so a trip to Edaville USA was a must on our list of travels, located in Carver, Massachusetts just 3.5 hours from the NY/CT border and 4 for most of the Hudson Valley area.
Edaville, Thomas Land, Dino Land, and soon to Pirates attractions. Check on their website about height restrictions. My kids are 43inches and 48inches, they were able to go on all rides they wanted either alone or with an adult. We did the park section by section
- Classic carnival and amusement rides. Carousels, spinning ride, mini coasters and flying rides included. We spent the about two hours in this section. There is also an indoor section with more rides, arcade and bathrooms. A special nursing room section. Food areas, classic candy shops and gift shops are found in this sections also.
- Walking Trail- Walk through path with dinosaurs along the way
- Bone Shaker- Bumpy ride. Kids need parents to ride under 48″
- Dino Blast Shooting Gallery- Game, extra fee
Thomas Land Rides include:
- Bertie’s Bus Tours- ride high above on Bertie, front rotation and then backwards
- Cranky’s Crane Drop– ride straight above the park while your feel hang free and bounce up and down as Cranky lifts and drops
- Diesel Derby– classic slow moving train ride, pick our favorite character for a loop
- Firefighting Flynn– two rides in one: drive Flynn while 2 people fight fires (water game) ontop
- Harold’s Lift-Off– traditntal helicopter ride, kids drive and control up/down and parents can sit in back
- Rockin’ Bulstrode– spinning, rocking and back and forth and in circles
- Sodor Cranberry Carousel– ride a train in circles while moving slightly up and down on tracks
- Sodor Windmill– ferris wheel ride
- Toby’s Tilting Tracks– spins in 360 degrees in both directions
- Troublesome Trucks Runaway Coaster – Rollercoaster, ups, downs and corkscrew turns
- Winston’s Skyline Express– A monorail giving a view from above of Thomas Land and the park.
- Soft Play Area- Take a break from the sun and play inside. Climb, slide and crawl all over.
Edaville is over 70 years old. Originally the Edaville Railroad around cranberry bogs for people to sightsee and then brought “Family Fun” to the park with carnival type rides which still the heart and core of Edaville USA. After new owners took over in 2002, they expanded adding Dino Land and then in 2015 the opening of the only US Thomas Land and 11 new rides, stage show, shops and dining choices. They are expanding and improving all the time. The history continues.
- There is not a lot of shade, bring lots of Sunscreen and Hats
- Bring snacks, currently there is no eating area in Thomas Land although it looks like that is going to be changing. Otherwise KC’s Café is across the park with many food options.
- Gift shop has exclusive shirts for Thomas Land and Wooden Thomas Train and Cranberry Car along with many other types of Thomas toys and accessories
- Great mixture of rides in the park- great for ages 10 and under
- Plan for at least 6 hours (We were there 5 hours and didn’t even go indoors for the rides- next time).
- Tickets are $37 for walk up, you can save money by purchasing online ahead of time. The tickets are date specific, so you need to know except day you will be visiting.
- Open Tuesday through Sunday, check calendar for special events and hours (mainly 10-5). We arrived at 11 and left at 3:30, and did everything except indoor rides and arcade section. Also a Pirates section is coming in 2017, I see another trip back.
Disclosure: I was given tickets to attend Edaville USA and give an honest review. No other compensation was provided.