We are obsessed with Dutch Wonderland. We had so much fun, this park has something for everyone, especially geared for the 8 and under age group. That didn’t stop the moms from having a great time also (videoing going down the Fun Slide) and keeping our hands up on the Kingdom Coaster. We cannot stop raving about Dutch Wonderland. We were there from 10:30-2:30 (rain started) and again from 4:30-8pm for our visit. Of the 34 opened rides, we rode 33, some of of them multiple times (Flume 3x, Twister 2x, Turtles 2x and more) and spent time in Duke’s Lagoon splashing in the water.
We are already looking at when we can get back to Dutch Wonderland. Travel time is under 3.5 hours from the Hudson Valley to Dutch Wonderland Family Amusement Park which is located at 2249 Lincoln Highway East in Lancaster, PA.
The main section includes 30 rides, games, shows and eateries all over. Kingdom Coaster is a must for the kids and adults, a super fast wooden coaster. Do you need to cool down a bit? Take a ride down the flume for a quick splash. The mix of rides for all ages and the nostalgia of orAttractions:iginal amusement rides that are decades old bring back memories to the older generations. Have you taken a picture by the giant iconic pretzel? Do this forever! Rides are as simple as self propel, simple flying rides and fast paced spinners. You need hours to get through all of them.
A blast from the past to dinosaurs roaming the Earth. The kids walk along a path with moving dinosaurs starring down at you. Sweep away sand and dust to find fossils. Take a ride on the Sunoco Turnpike, Charlotte could not stop laughing while driving this, thankfully her permit test is 12 years away!
Bring on the water! Two super slides (make sure you have shoes), either a pitch black or visible choice- kids must have an adult. Also there is a huge splash pad, mini slides for the kids and water falls. This area is perfect for the 7/8 and under crowd. Bathrooms, changing rooms and lockers available as well as food vendors in this area. Cabanas can be rented too.
- Photographers walk around, you can buy a 1 day or 2 day photo pass of the photos, this includes Sunoco Turnpike and Double Splash Flume photos too.
- RIDE GEM KEY- measure the kids and find out what color they are. The maps and each ride have a sign with what Gem can go on and if an adult is also needed or not. Another great tool, the kids learned their gem/color so no disappointments when going up to a ride.
- No outside food allowed in but you can leave and re-enter. Eating areas and picnic benches are outside
- Food: Kid meals from bean sprouts is located in the Mill Eatery.
- Parking is $5 for regular parking.
- Re-entry is great for car ride naps too! We took a ride while the park rides shut down for weather, the kids napped then we returned to the park closing out the night.
- Know you are going in advance? Buy tickets 7 days in advance. Use Promocode: AppleMomSBlog17
July is 10am-8:30pm Daily. August 1st-28th 10-8:30pm and August 29th September 2nd– 10-6pm LABOR DAY WEEKEND 2016 10-8:30am and September Weekends 10-6pm. Check out the calendar for upcoming dates. Fall/Winter have special events.
Tickets can be be purchased online in advance (save money using promo code: AppleMomsHVBlog16). Did you know that with a full day ticket you can enter the night before 3 hours before close and go back the following day on a 1 day ticket? They also have a Hershey Park/Dutch Wonderland combo ticket. A perfect weekend getaway out in PA, all driving distance from the Hudson Valley.
I received tickets to the park in exchange for an honest review. No other compensation was received and as always all opinions are my own.