Winter Break is here, how to occupy the kids is next on your agenda. Well we have our favorites go-tos and some special events happening this week.
- Apple Moms New Years Balloon Drop– Friday 12/29 at 11am at the Jefferson Valley Mall. Check Facebook Page- FREE
- Westchester Winter Wonderland– Kensico Dam Visit through New Years Eve. Great fun for one low price. Check out our thoughts here.
- 8th Annual “Ring in the New Year at Noon” at New Roc City- 12/31 10:30am -For the 8th year in a row, New Roc City will offer their festive ‘Ring in the New Year at Noon’ event for kids ages 2 – 10 in the atrium from 10:30 am – 12:30 pm on Sunday, December 31st. The event will support the Westchester Children’s Museum through a $10 donation per family of four when registering for the New Roc City Event. The Children’s Museum is an interactive learning space providing children, families and school groups the opportunity to nurture curiosity and ignite imagination through creative hands-on exploration. Pre-registration for this event is required. Families can register online and download their entry pass at https://2017rinyatnoon.eventbrite.com
Places to Visit
- Liberty Science Center (NJ)– Living museum, indoor playground and tons of exhibits for all ages. Currently they Planetarium and Thomas the Tank Engine Exhibits are special along with many other regulars to see. Check out our giveaway too.
- New York Botanical Garden– The Annual Holiday Train Show is a must see with the kids, especially the littlest train lovers, can they find Thomas? Also Thomas arrives in the new year weekend through mid January with a mini show to see. We love the NYBG Train Show.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester– Ridge Hill- Open all weekend, even Christmas Day. Holiday Bricktacular! (December 23, 24 & 25): Tickets start at $15.95 and kids under 2 are FREE.